WUPV/ Richmond – Grillin' Grocery Giveaway OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
- Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WUPV, 5710 Midlothian Turnpike Richmond VA 23225 and Clear Channel Communications, 3245 Basie Road, Richmond VA 23228 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 6:30pm Monday April 29, 2013 and ends at 7:00pm Thursday, May 23, 2013. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This Promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who legally reside in WUPV's viewing area in Virginia: Stafford, King George, Culpeper, Orange, St. Mary's, Westmoreland, Albemarle, Fluvanna, Louisa, Caroline, Spotsylvania, Essex, Richmond, Northumberland, Lancaster, Middlesex, King and Queen, King William, Hanover, Goochland, Buckingham, Cumberland, Amelia, Powhatan, Chesterfield, City of Richmond, Henrico, City of Petersburg, City of Colonial Heights, City of Hopewell, Charles City, New Kent, Middlesex, Prince George, Surry, Isle of Wight, Southampton, Greensville, Brunswick, Lunenberg, Prince Edward, Nottoway, Dinwiddie. Employees of Raycom Media, Inc., American Spirit Media, LLC. WUPV, Clear Channel Radio – Richmond which includes WBTJ, WRVQ, WTVR, WRXL and WRNL., or of any of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and advertising and production agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to participate in this Promotion. The term "immediate family members" includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
- How to Enter. Beginning at 6:30pm April 29, 2013 and ending at 7:00pm Thursday, May 23, 2013, individuals can watch CW News @ 6:30 weekdays at 6:30pm for the cue to call. The 5th qualified caller wins. The amount to be awarded will be announced nightly between 5:00pm and 6pm.
A second chance to win beginning Friday April 30, 2013 and ending wednesday, May 22, 2013, by listening to WTVR –FM Lite 98 Tuesday through Friday in Cat's Café 10am -3pm. The 6th qualified caller wins. The amount to be awarded is $50.
No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
- No Computer Viruses. Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
- Prize(s). ON WUPV, there are a total of 15 prizes ( one each weekday during the contest). Each daily prize consists of $100 grocery gift cards from Food Lion on WTVR-FM there are 12 prizes of $50 each (one each Tuesday –Friday during the contest) in Food Lion grocery gift cards.
- Substitutions. No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by a winner. No prize can be auctioned or sold. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
- How the Prizes are Awarded. For WUPV each daily prize is awarded to the 5th qualified caller. Winners can pick up their prize at Station. 5710 Midlothian Turnpike Richmond VA 23225. If an entrant wins a prize from WUPV in this promotion, he or she will no longer be eligible to win another prize from WUPV in this promotion. For WTVR-FM each daily prize is awarded to the 6th qualified caller. Winners can pick up their prize at the studios, 3245 Basie Rd, Richmond VA 23228. If an entrant wins a prize from WTVR-FM in this promotion, he or she will no longer be eligible to win another prize from WTVR-FM in this promotion.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning the daily prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license with current address or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 5 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. Winner must take possession of his or her prize before 4pm on Friday June 8th or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WUPV or WTVR-FM, as applicable, will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WUPV or WTVR-FM, as applicable, if WUPV or WTVR-FM reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration by a winner.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WUPV, WTVR-FM, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
- Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WUPV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WUPV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
- Construction. The invalidity or enforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained therein.
- List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WUPV, 5710 Midlothian Turnpike Richmond VA by May 30, 2013.